Marsupialism
I am not a big proponent of this great doctrine that's so popular around here; the one about "bringing things out in the open," and "talking it out." As the old proverb goes, the truth hurts, and bringing it out in the open sometimes has the most deleterious consequences.
On the other hand, taking everything at face value can really give an air of a simpleton, and expose the soft underbelly of your naivete to the world.
When unhappy, some people start digging around themselves, looking for various truths to bring out in the open, hoping that exposing those might help dissect the reasons for the unhappiness. Others carefully pocket the truths to regain a state of contentment.
I don't know to which variety I might pertain.
Digging around, some things got pulled out of the depths I didn't even know existed, and now I am thoughtful. But not happier.
On the other hand, taking everything at face value can really give an air of a simpleton, and expose the soft underbelly of your naivete to the world.
When unhappy, some people start digging around themselves, looking for various truths to bring out in the open, hoping that exposing those might help dissect the reasons for the unhappiness. Others carefully pocket the truths to regain a state of contentment.
I don't know to which variety I might pertain.
Digging around, some things got pulled out of the depths I didn't even know existed, and now I am thoughtful. But not happier.
Comments