This fucking place...
By "place" I'm not sure if I mean this hospital or this country, because currently, I'm angry at both.
I was making rounds, and I saw this resident, who is pregnant and due next week. We made smalltalk, oh, when are you due, how do you feel... What rotation are you on?
So, she's been in the ICU, while 9 months pregnant, and today, when she is no longer in the ICU, she got pulled to cover 3 days for another resident while he is away.
Who the hell did she piss off?? And who the hell puts a woman who's 9 months pregnant and due next week to cover somebody else when she might drop it at any time?!
Apparently, though, pregnancy is not an illness, it's a condition, she was told.
I guess they're waiting until it becomes an illness when they're pushing this girl to the brink.
This is "equal rights" to a ridiculous degree.
Very encouraging for young women. This and the freaking 4 weeks of unpaid leave we get (when we're owed 12)!!
I was making rounds, and I saw this resident, who is pregnant and due next week. We made smalltalk, oh, when are you due, how do you feel... What rotation are you on?
So, she's been in the ICU, while 9 months pregnant, and today, when she is no longer in the ICU, she got pulled to cover 3 days for another resident while he is away.
Who the hell did she piss off?? And who the hell puts a woman who's 9 months pregnant and due next week to cover somebody else when she might drop it at any time?!
Apparently, though, pregnancy is not an illness, it's a condition, she was told.
I guess they're waiting until it becomes an illness when they're pushing this girl to the brink.
This is "equal rights" to a ridiculous degree.
Very encouraging for young women. This and the freaking 4 weeks of unpaid leave we get (when we're owed 12)!!
Comments