Apparent new data on C sections
Fed up with the late pregnancy bloat, I wrote about all the dumbass things that people say to pregnant women. Unfortunately, it turns out that it doesn't stop with pregnant women; it also extends to women with babies.
Case and point.
Yesterday, I was relaxing with Munchkin by the pool. Incidentally, most neighbors, especially female neighbors, whether I know them or not, stop over to peek inside the baby's shielded little throne and ooh and aah. This is fine by me. It's interesting, but most people who live here are of the older type, which actually has led to hubby wondering if this is supposed to be a community for active seniors? I told him, no, but real families don't live in townhouses in America. It's going to be retirees or renters. Suffice it to say, Munchkin is the only baby, and I think, the only child who lives here.
So, there I was, relaxing by pool. A lady comes over. I don't know this lady, I've never spoken to this lady, I don't even know which unit she lives in. She starts out innocently enough, "I just had to come over and see your baby! Oh he is so precious."
"Thank you, I think so too."
Then she goes right for the money: "Did you have a C section?" Which, you know, is already a little odd. I suppose it's a question like any other. But for some raeson, did you have a gallbladder surgery? That doesn't sound like prying. Did you have a c section? That really kind of does. She could have asked it another way: Did you have a normal vaginal delivery? Then, I think, anyone would cringe.
Her: "Did you have a C section?"
Me: (stunned) yes...
Her: I knew it! His head is so nice and perfect. C section babies always have nice heads.
Me: But not a very nice experience for mommy.
Her: Yeah, but you know... Think of all the trauma of getting pushed out through the birth canal...
(here I'm thinking, she's going to start discussing the integrity of my vagina, and I can't believe it's gonna come out of this middle aged lady's mouth, but instead she says...)
Her: Their heads get all mushed. There's gotta be some effect on the brain.
Me: (silence)
Her: That's why I think C section babies are SMARTER than REGULAR babies.
Me: haha?
Her: (walking away) And remember: Your baby is smarter than other babies.
Did you get that? Regular normal vaginal births cause you to be dumb, or at least not as smart as being whacked out of mom with a scalpel.
So, sorry, most of the population born through normal vaginal delivery. I have a baby genius here because his brain wasn't damaged during my major surgery. You're all just going to have to deal with it.
Case and point.
Yesterday, I was relaxing with Munchkin by the pool. Incidentally, most neighbors, especially female neighbors, whether I know them or not, stop over to peek inside the baby's shielded little throne and ooh and aah. This is fine by me. It's interesting, but most people who live here are of the older type, which actually has led to hubby wondering if this is supposed to be a community for active seniors? I told him, no, but real families don't live in townhouses in America. It's going to be retirees or renters. Suffice it to say, Munchkin is the only baby, and I think, the only child who lives here.
So, there I was, relaxing by pool. A lady comes over. I don't know this lady, I've never spoken to this lady, I don't even know which unit she lives in. She starts out innocently enough, "I just had to come over and see your baby! Oh he is so precious."
"Thank you, I think so too."
Then she goes right for the money: "Did you have a C section?" Which, you know, is already a little odd. I suppose it's a question like any other. But for some raeson, did you have a gallbladder surgery? That doesn't sound like prying. Did you have a c section? That really kind of does. She could have asked it another way: Did you have a normal vaginal delivery? Then, I think, anyone would cringe.
Her: "Did you have a C section?"
Me: (stunned) yes...
Her: I knew it! His head is so nice and perfect. C section babies always have nice heads.
Me: But not a very nice experience for mommy.
Her: Yeah, but you know... Think of all the trauma of getting pushed out through the birth canal...
(here I'm thinking, she's going to start discussing the integrity of my vagina, and I can't believe it's gonna come out of this middle aged lady's mouth, but instead she says...)
Her: Their heads get all mushed. There's gotta be some effect on the brain.
Me: (silence)
Her: That's why I think C section babies are SMARTER than REGULAR babies.
Me: haha?
Her: (walking away) And remember: Your baby is smarter than other babies.
Did you get that? Regular normal vaginal births cause you to be dumb, or at least not as smart as being whacked out of mom with a scalpel.
So, sorry, most of the population born through normal vaginal delivery. I have a baby genius here because his brain wasn't damaged during my major surgery. You're all just going to have to deal with it.
Comments