Ay to the cee to the gee
I am so tired that I can probably barely tie 2 words together, and typing them thereafter would be an even more serious issue.
I had my brain flooded today by GI radiology, pathology and pharmacology in a room tightly packed with sardines in oil... no, aging gastroenterologists. Which, by the way, is always fun. The first aging gastroenterologist I sat next to, was really quite aged already, but super-friendly and even a bit flirtatious, and I rather enjoyed exchanging quips with him, feeling myself almost on par with this man of decades of experience.
I exsanguinated milk due to being unprepared, pump-wise, and had to let some down in none other but a bathroom stall at the convention center - what a waste of breast gold...
Then, in the afternoon, I dealt with a baby who was decidedly being weird, organizing a serious crankfest, and a husband who, apparently, considers Texas a foreign country, and as such, was really rather lost as far as figuring out what to do for dinner in this strange place.
So, I really can't say anything witty or intelligent about San Antonio and my Texan experience so far.
But, I would like to note that I actually knew what the topic of conversation was today; had an opinion about it; had educated questions; and could have contributed to a forum discussion. I chuckled at all the right places, and made a few groans along with everyone else: Oh, yea, I totally know... We see that all the time... Makes me feel like I learned something after all over at the prison where I've been the past 2 years.
Also, I again remembered why I love medicine: across the country, across the world, sometimes, across the ages even, the language and issues are the same. It's awesome...
I had my brain flooded today by GI radiology, pathology and pharmacology in a room tightly packed with sardines in oil... no, aging gastroenterologists. Which, by the way, is always fun. The first aging gastroenterologist I sat next to, was really quite aged already, but super-friendly and even a bit flirtatious, and I rather enjoyed exchanging quips with him, feeling myself almost on par with this man of decades of experience.
I exsanguinated milk due to being unprepared, pump-wise, and had to let some down in none other but a bathroom stall at the convention center - what a waste of breast gold...
Then, in the afternoon, I dealt with a baby who was decidedly being weird, organizing a serious crankfest, and a husband who, apparently, considers Texas a foreign country, and as such, was really rather lost as far as figuring out what to do for dinner in this strange place.
So, I really can't say anything witty or intelligent about San Antonio and my Texan experience so far.
But, I would like to note that I actually knew what the topic of conversation was today; had an opinion about it; had educated questions; and could have contributed to a forum discussion. I chuckled at all the right places, and made a few groans along with everyone else: Oh, yea, I totally know... We see that all the time... Makes me feel like I learned something after all over at the prison where I've been the past 2 years.
Also, I again remembered why I love medicine: across the country, across the world, sometimes, across the ages even, the language and issues are the same. It's awesome...
Comments