Txangurro, what the hell is that...

Txangurro, pronounced "changurro," is a crab salad with a home made mayonnaise sauce that is served inside the crab shell, passed around the table and eaten with a spoon.

In my husband's family, this is purely man's work. While mom hustles around making most everything else, dad calmy and purposefully sits down, shells the crab, makes the mayo, makes it all pretty. I will not pretend like I've made it or even know how. It's man's work, like I said. But here's a link:
http://www.turismoa.euskadi.net/s11-12375/en/contenidos/j_gastronomia/0000002969_j1_rec_turismo/en_2969/2969-ficha.html

I don't think this is 100% authentic, like, I don't think ours was baked, or had any brandy in it, but it gives you an idea. I'll bug dad in law for his special recipe, and then post that. Shocking lack of txangurro out there on the web.
Now, if you can find real crabs, I'll be super impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little girls grow up

Belated outrage