Inspiration from the mundane
Can't think of a goshdarn thing to write about...
Except this, which I've been thinking about literally every single night because it's so funny.
So, Munchkin, like, HATES getting dressed and undressed. I mean, you would think I was torturing him, the way he wails when I am putting on his little onesies, or whatnot, each morning. The same thing happens every night when I put on his footie pajamas. And the absolute pitiful show he puts on when I try to decorate his head with any kind of head-dress? Securing the velcro under his chin is just absolutely contraindicated!
Let me tell you, it's not just some softie protests; the kid sobs with tears, turns red in the face and everything. Booohoohoohoo...
And I ask myself: why do babies hate getting dressed?
Then I remember. Very vaguely. But definitely present somewhere in the recesses of my memory. Someone dressing me. And the absolute horrible feeling of having a shirt upside down on your head with the buttons pressing into the real delicate part of your temple, unable to see or breathe, while some hapless adult tries to work you into that shirt. Also, the highly unpleasant sensation of knuckles at your throat, as someone is buttoning a hat under your chin - not to mention that the hat is prickly and itchy. And, having to hold my sleeves so they wouldn't roll up when I put on layers after layers of clothes.
I gotcha, Munchkin.
Also, I have been calling Munchkin "Bubbalah" since early on. I thought I invented the word. However, I found some website with a Yiddish glossary, and apparently, it's a legit Yiddish word that means "sweetie." Where did it come from? I bet someone called me "Bubbalah" when I was little, and somehow, it stuck...
Except this, which I've been thinking about literally every single night because it's so funny.
So, Munchkin, like, HATES getting dressed and undressed. I mean, you would think I was torturing him, the way he wails when I am putting on his little onesies, or whatnot, each morning. The same thing happens every night when I put on his footie pajamas. And the absolute pitiful show he puts on when I try to decorate his head with any kind of head-dress? Securing the velcro under his chin is just absolutely contraindicated!
Let me tell you, it's not just some softie protests; the kid sobs with tears, turns red in the face and everything. Booohoohoohoo...
And I ask myself: why do babies hate getting dressed?
Then I remember. Very vaguely. But definitely present somewhere in the recesses of my memory. Someone dressing me. And the absolute horrible feeling of having a shirt upside down on your head with the buttons pressing into the real delicate part of your temple, unable to see or breathe, while some hapless adult tries to work you into that shirt. Also, the highly unpleasant sensation of knuckles at your throat, as someone is buttoning a hat under your chin - not to mention that the hat is prickly and itchy. And, having to hold my sleeves so they wouldn't roll up when I put on layers after layers of clothes.
I gotcha, Munchkin.
Also, I have been calling Munchkin "Bubbalah" since early on. I thought I invented the word. However, I found some website with a Yiddish glossary, and apparently, it's a legit Yiddish word that means "sweetie." Where did it come from? I bet someone called me "Bubbalah" when I was little, and somehow, it stuck...
Comments