Scary thought
Driving to work today with hubby, listening to NPR, it suddenly occurred to me that if this recession and financial crisis had happened 10 yrs ago, when I was in medical school, I probably wouldn't have been able to borrow the money I needed to finish!
What a horrible thought! I'd be maybe 2 years in, 100K in debt already, and forced to quit? Plus, to tell you the truth, if I had been forced to quit, I probably wouldn't have come back. Medical school a one painful shot deal. Not the sort of thing you can walk away from, and then come back.
What would I have done? Would my parents have helped? Would I have been thrown out on my ass?
So, forget me, I am already a doctor. Instead, think about how the medical profession is going to be only for kids of the rich. That is not equal right to the pursuit of happiness at all.
What a horrible thought! I'd be maybe 2 years in, 100K in debt already, and forced to quit? Plus, to tell you the truth, if I had been forced to quit, I probably wouldn't have come back. Medical school a one painful shot deal. Not the sort of thing you can walk away from, and then come back.
What would I have done? Would my parents have helped? Would I have been thrown out on my ass?
So, forget me, I am already a doctor. Instead, think about how the medical profession is going to be only for kids of the rich. That is not equal right to the pursuit of happiness at all.
Comments