Can't get more negative than that
"Occasionally, people get pregnant from intercourse," the doctor told me. What a strange statement, I mean, isn't intercourse a requirement for procreation? Usually, but not in the infertility world. In the infertility world, intercourse is just the frosting on instrumentation.
This cycle, we practiced "timed intercourse," per the doctor. "Timed" doesn't mean we click a stop-watch when we start.... and then when we finish (I've been doing that for years, doctor's orders not necessary. I jest.). It means doing the old school ovulation calculation, and daily procreation copulation - on purpose - during that time all the way to freedom a week later. You see, I was taking the tamoxifen, but was in Amsterdam for the would-be IUI date, and we didn't want to "waste" the cycle.
After the Clomid debacle, and the havoc it bestowed on my psyche and my uterine lining (it was non-existent), I was picturing a healthy juicy layer of endometrium and endometrial vessels swaying in the wind like a field of wheat harvest, and then a floaty embryo sleeping in a hammock shielded from the sun by tall grass.
But I really didn't FEEL pregnant. It's funny I should say that, since I don't actually know what pregnant feels like, but I can say that my pelvis felt idle, not busy, after all that action in Amsterdam.
And the peestick confirmed it. I was looking at it as it turned the control line bright blue, and left the test window a cold hard white. Then I looked at it again an hour later, and it was still cold-bloodedly showing a negative.
The cramps and floodgates that came a day later pretty much cinched the diagnosis of NOT pregnant. (what a waste of $11)
Everyone makes such a big deal about intercourse. So much for that silly idea.
This cycle, we practiced "timed intercourse," per the doctor. "Timed" doesn't mean we click a stop-watch when we start.... and then when we finish (I've been doing that for years, doctor's orders not necessary. I jest.). It means doing the old school ovulation calculation, and daily procreation copulation - on purpose - during that time all the way to freedom a week later. You see, I was taking the tamoxifen, but was in Amsterdam for the would-be IUI date, and we didn't want to "waste" the cycle.
After the Clomid debacle, and the havoc it bestowed on my psyche and my uterine lining (it was non-existent), I was picturing a healthy juicy layer of endometrium and endometrial vessels swaying in the wind like a field of wheat harvest, and then a floaty embryo sleeping in a hammock shielded from the sun by tall grass.
But I really didn't FEEL pregnant. It's funny I should say that, since I don't actually know what pregnant feels like, but I can say that my pelvis felt idle, not busy, after all that action in Amsterdam.
And the peestick confirmed it. I was looking at it as it turned the control line bright blue, and left the test window a cold hard white. Then I looked at it again an hour later, and it was still cold-bloodedly showing a negative.
The cramps and floodgates that came a day later pretty much cinched the diagnosis of NOT pregnant. (what a waste of $11)
Everyone makes such a big deal about intercourse. So much for that silly idea.
Comments