I fancy myself a good hibernator
My sleeping schedule lately quite possibly rivals that of a newborn. How many times this weekend did I pull at my husband's sleeve and murmur, eyes half closed, "I have to tell you a secret... I'm ready for a nap?" The answer is TMTC, ie too many to count.
Friday, after a relatively light day at the office, I came home and collapsed into bed from 5 until 7, and by 11, I was log-like again. Saturday, having woken up at 9:30 after feline cajoling, I took a nap from 4-6, and by 12, I was yawning so frequently, I missed half the conversation at dinner, and had to bail on possible further alcohol consumption in favor of more sleeping. Finally, Sunday, I forced my eyelids open at 10:30, and after about 1 hour of manual labor picking up my dirty clothes of the floor, I started rubbing my eyes, and eventually, could no longer resist the urge to curl up under the fuzzy nap blankie on the couch for another hour. Then, around 9, my cornish hen dinner still making rounds in the gastric circle, I boinked my head on the car window having inadvertently dozed off on the drive home.
I think it's straight biology. I have to conserve my energy for the long, dark and cold winter months ahead. And as my dad rightfully said, sleeping is better than not sleeping. Can't argue with that, can you.
Friday, after a relatively light day at the office, I came home and collapsed into bed from 5 until 7, and by 11, I was log-like again. Saturday, having woken up at 9:30 after feline cajoling, I took a nap from 4-6, and by 12, I was yawning so frequently, I missed half the conversation at dinner, and had to bail on possible further alcohol consumption in favor of more sleeping. Finally, Sunday, I forced my eyelids open at 10:30, and after about 1 hour of manual labor picking up my dirty clothes of the floor, I started rubbing my eyes, and eventually, could no longer resist the urge to curl up under the fuzzy nap blankie on the couch for another hour. Then, around 9, my cornish hen dinner still making rounds in the gastric circle, I boinked my head on the car window having inadvertently dozed off on the drive home.
I think it's straight biology. I have to conserve my energy for the long, dark and cold winter months ahead. And as my dad rightfully said, sleeping is better than not sleeping. Can't argue with that, can you.
Comments