Nails on glass

Now, I'm not saying I'm a genius, or that medicine is life and life is medicine for me, but some things are just ridiculous. I'm talking about House, MD, the TV show, of course. There are a lot of medical shows out there, and they're all inaccurate, but at least bearable. But House...

Once you get past Hugh Laurie's asshole attitude and roguish good looks, the hot model thin interns in spiked heels and full make up, and the fake suspense, you, or at least I, realize how absolutely ridiculous and criminal the medicine in this show is!

Have you considered....... LUPUS??

Oh, it's a bone marrow tumor! Start whole body radiation!!

No, It's not a bone marrow tumor, there's schistocytes in the blood, stop whole body radiation, it's DIC, start plasma exchange!

Wait! She's got an infection in her back from her bra clasp!! And we irradiated her, and now she must DIE! We're gonna inject her with 300 cc of morphine!

Oh, and by the way, I'm popping percs while I supposedly take care of patients, and I transfuse myself with dirty infected blood!

These things are beyond impossible.

This makes it beyond impossible for me to get past the medicine and enjoy Hugh Laurie's roguish attitude and asshole good looks.

Comments

Deepa said…
i LOVE house! ignore the medicine! enjoy hugh - he is so dreamy.

Popular posts from this blog

Little girls grow up

Belated outrage