Amazing discovery

Every once in a while, it's useful to re-iterate the obvious.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080124200913.htm

Here you go.

Amazing!! Doctors keep sane in their emotionally taxing work environment by using humor! Now, my jaded cynicism and inappropriate patient stories that I think are funny but my husband, my voice of reason, would not let me publish, have a scientific basis. I KNEW IT! It's my DISEASE! Being a snarky biatch is naught but my MEDICINE!

But everyone is a critic, so, of course, maybe not everyone thinks the same things are funny. Therefore, I especially like the paragraph on how if you're not particularly funny per se, self-disparaging behavior is a good way to incorporate humor into your everyday routine. OH - as long as it's not excessive... Verbal autoflagellators, wooot!

Also don't underestimate the use of props - oh as long as it's not distracting. So, rubber chicken = funny HA HA. RUBBING a chicken... Funny "weird."

But seriously folks. This article makes sense. Listen to the lady, she's a real scientist, and if I happen to make fun of you, just remember, it's not me it's my disease!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little girls grow up

Belated outrage