Maudlin me

Occasionally I get sentimental and cheesy in spite of myself. Today seems to be one of those days. Don't know what brought this on. Maybe, it's the fact that my cubicle is smaller than ever, and there are tumbleweeds in the office as the holiday season continues. Maybe, it's this old picture of 5 year old me I've never seen before. Maybe, it's because today is my friend JD's birthday, and I remember exactly where I was last year today; I don't understand where this year, or, actually, where the last 24 years have gone, and all that's happened could have fit into such a seemingly tiny slot of time...

My little world from back then has been turned upside down and inside out, and I was NOT prepared, despite the fact that it was pretty much etched in stone and inevitable.

My cubicle is frigid and unresponsive to my current state of mind. This is lost on the cubicle, but I'm feeling maudlin and sweet right now. This doesn't happen a lot.

I'm giving out free hugs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little girls grow up

Belated outrage