Reproductionally challenged
Went to the ultrasound today, accompanied by hubby, which is a deviation from the norm. It was good to have him there so that I could throw punches and bitchy quips his way when results were less than satisfactory. It was, however, admittedly interesting, to say the least, to have him awake and present when the tech said, "Ok, let's have you insert this..." Although, I think it brought us closer together, as these things tend to do. Have I ever told the story about how and why he decided he would have to marry me? Let's just say, the story has the words, "acetaminophen suppositories" in it.
Well, anyway, inserting this ended up showing that I a) continue to have thin lining, although, it's "not that bad" according to the tech. b) I have a collapsing follicle, which means I did ovulate, but who knows when, last cycle, this cycle, we'll never know. c) there is also a huge corpus luteum cyst on the left ovary, sized 7 cm. Last time this happened, it was only 5cm, but with more experience, my ovaries seem to be moving onto bigger and better things. This also means that I can't do anything with this cycle. I mean, aside from getting it on every day. Hold on to your hats, folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
I was gonna write a long and nebulous post about this and my feelings about it, but that's boring. Instead, please review the following educational video.
To follow, an innocuous post about music. Maybe even later today. Although I'm really busy earning my tendinitis by doing colonoscopies wrong. It's all in the wrist.
Well, anyway, inserting this ended up showing that I a) continue to have thin lining, although, it's "not that bad" according to the tech. b) I have a collapsing follicle, which means I did ovulate, but who knows when, last cycle, this cycle, we'll never know. c) there is also a huge corpus luteum cyst on the left ovary, sized 7 cm. Last time this happened, it was only 5cm, but with more experience, my ovaries seem to be moving onto bigger and better things. This also means that I can't do anything with this cycle. I mean, aside from getting it on every day. Hold on to your hats, folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
I was gonna write a long and nebulous post about this and my feelings about it, but that's boring. Instead, please review the following educational video.
To follow, an innocuous post about music. Maybe even later today. Although I'm really busy earning my tendinitis by doing colonoscopies wrong. It's all in the wrist.
Comments